On 12/09/2026 21:17, Andres Salomon wrote:


On 9/12/26 14:58, Salvatore Bonaccorso wrote:
Hi Aurelien,

On Sat, Sep 12, 2026 at 03:31:31PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
Hi,

On 2026-08-26 20:59, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
Hi,

On 2026-08-26 09:59, Salvatore Bonaccorso wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, Aug 24, 2026 at 01:46:45PM -0400, Andres Salomon wrote:
Hi,

Chromium has been carrying patches to make it work with llvm-toolchain-19,
and I've uploaded llvm-toolchain-22 to stable-proposed-updates (and pochu
already uploaded llvm-toolchain-22 to oldstable-pu and oldoldstable-pu) in
order to be able to drop those patches as well as use a newer rustc. I
didn't realize (mea culpa) that I needed to ask for an exception from the
wanna-build team in order to have security buildds use packages from s-pu.
Can we please have an exception for llvm-toolchain-22 in s-pu for the
security buildds? llvm-toolchain-22 only supports static linking, so
anything that builds against it shouldn't end up with any binary package
dependencies on libc++1(-19/-22) or anything like that.

Note that I have a pending security update (151.0.7922.173-1~deb13u1) that
was already uploading and build-deps on llvm-toolchain-22. The equivalent
bookworm-security (deb12u1) release already built, but the trixie-security
version is still being given back on the security buildds due to lack of
llvm-toolchain-22. So there is a bit of urgency in getting either an ACK or
NACK to this request.

We are not sure if that felt through the cracks, and excuse if the
ping follows too shortly (I realize it is only two days passing).

I see two options, eithr stable-proposed-updates is enabled for
security builds temporarily until chromium is done (I guess we should
not have it longer, vs. as we discussed for -updates).

I have just done the change to enable stable-proposed-updates for
security builds in the buildd configuration (pending puppet
propagation). Sorry for the delay.

Now that the 13.7 point release is out, do we still need this change or
can it be reverted?

Please revert it for now, so that we do not accidentially pick up a
dependency from stable-proposed-updates.

+1 from me.

Emilio does have a pending llvm-toolchain-22 build fix for armel, but I
don't know his timeline for uploading that

We can disable proposed-updates for security, since the armel builds aren't needed for chromium/firefox-esr/thunderbird, only for clamav which I believe will go through proposed-updates as well.

fwiw the armel fix has now been uploaded by Sebastian.

(and 13.8 is only a month away).

Two months according to [1].

Cheers,
Emilio

[1] https://release.debian.org/

Reply via email to