Your message dated Mon, 5 Oct 2026 09:22:54 +0200
with message-id <[email protected]>
and subject line Re: Bug#1147367: transition: openbabel
has caused the Debian Bug report #1147367,
regarding transition: openbabel
to be marked as done.
This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.
(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact [email protected]
immediately.)
--
1147367: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1147367
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact [email protected] with problems
--- Begin Message ---
Package: release.debian.org
Severity: normal
User: [email protected]
Usertags: transition
Hello,
I would like to request a transition slot for openbabel (experimental ->
unstable). Current ben tracker [1] is fine.
The status of affected packages:
* Rebuilds without patching: gnome-chemistry-utils, kalzium, v-sim,
xdrawchem
* FTBFS with new openbabel: osra (#1139276, severity:serious)
Situation with osra is problematic, as the upstream uses patched
openbabel/3.0.0 and has no plans to update to openbabel/3.2.0. I do not
know the codebase well enough to patch osra myself, so I guess for the
time being it is OK to remove osra from testing. Transitioning openbabel
is important as the new version offers fixes for multiple CVEs.
Best,
Andrius
[1] https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/auto-openbabel.html
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
On 2026-09-12 18:40:56 +0200, Sebastian Ramacher wrote:
> Control: tags -1 confirmed
>
> On 2026-09-11 12:39:48 +0300, Andrius Merkys wrote:
> > Package: release.debian.org
> > Severity: normal
> > User: [email protected]
> > Usertags: transition
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I would like to request a transition slot for openbabel (experimental ->
> > unstable). Current ben tracker [1] is fine.
>
> Go ahead
>
> > The status of affected packages:
> >
> > * Rebuilds without patching: gnome-chemistry-utils, kalzium, v-sim,
> > xdrawchem
> > * FTBFS with new openbabel: osra (#1139276, severity:serious)
> >
> > Situation with osra is problematic, as the upstream uses patched
> > openbabel/3.0.0 and has no plans to update to openbabel/3.2.0. I do not know
> > the codebase well enough to patch osra myself, so I guess for the time being
> > it is OK to remove osra from testing. Transitioning openbabel is important
> > as the new version offers fixes for multiple CVEs.
>
> There was no action since June … if there is no improvement, I will
> remove osra from testing from testing after openbabel migrated.
The old binaries got removed from testing. Closing
Cheers
--
Sebastian Ramacher
--- End Message ---