>> New package loop-aes-etchnhalf:
>>  architectures in updates: s390 all amd64 i386 powerpc arm sparc alpha
>>  ia64 mips mipsel hppa version in updates: 3.2c-2~etchnhalf.2
>>  Rationales:
>>   - 3.2c-2~etchnhalf.1: loop-aes-etchnhalf - source compatible w/
>>   etchnhalf kernel

> As linux-modules-extra-2.6-etchnhalf was not ready in time we decided to
> skip it for r4 and include it in r5.

Well done folks. You've again managed to break at least part of the
functionality of Debian Installer and, more importantly, left users with
a potentially unbootable system after installation.

This is the third time since Etch where a stable release involving
something I have spent a serious amount of my time on is mishandled by
the release team.
I've had it with this mentality where apparently it is OK to just skip
proper and timely preparation of releases, where it is OK to do things at
the very last possible moment, break promises made to colleague DDs and
break their work without any prior communication at all.

As you obviously don't appreciate the work done by others to get things to
the point that a release is possible, I will not participate in ANYTHING
that has to do with releasing Lenny anymore, which means I'm dropping per
now a lot of my D-I work, debian-cd work, documentation work and website
work and any testing work I normally do.

Frans Pop