Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> Michael Biebl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:

>> The diff for the debian related changes is in debian.diff.gz
>
> +    # update init script symlinks for new runlevels and priorities for
> upgrades
> +    # from older versions
> +    if dpkg --compare-versions "$2" lt-nl 0.6.22-4; then
> +      echo "Reinstalling init script for new runlevels and priorities ..."
> >&2
> +      # remove old init script symlinks; dh_installinit adds the proper
> +      # update-rc.d snippet later on
> +      update-rc.d -f avahi-daemon remove >/dev/null
> +    fi
>
> Dude. That's going to remove all my carefully renamed
> /etc/rc[2345].d/K??avahi-daemon links, just to replace them with new
> start links. Not nice.

There is no better way to do that unfortunately. update-rc.d has no API
to update and preserve existing configuration.
Please keep in mind, that we have to support other systems like file-rc.

The above approach is recommend by the sysvinit maintainer and commonly
used.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?