On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 04:16:58AM +0000, Hideki Yamane wrote:
> Hi (cced: -release to squash RC),
>
>  thanks for reply.
>
> On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 09:52:19 +0200
> Pierre Habouzit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >  Just a question. Does this bug stay with upstream version?
> >
> > It is likely to _not_ be a tokyocabinet bug but a libc one.
>
>  So, does you have any result with upstream version build on s390?
>  or reassign to libc.

It's *likely* to be a libc issue, though I would have hoped that the
s390 porters^H would have had more interest in it. After all, it also
affects mono builds I'm told.

>  > >  As I requested #489784, Tokyo Cabinet is updated, and now released
> 1.3.11
> > >  at 2008-09-23 (more than 10days ago).
> >
> > Yes but I can't push a full new upstream to Debian. That's why I did
> > nothing.
>
>  Please consider users' benefit, I think
>   - Is there any package that depends on tokyocabinet?
>     The answer is "NO".

the answer is yes, bogofilter does.

>     It means that new version of tokyocabinet will NOT cause ANY system
> regression.

You don't know that for sure, and that's not the point anyways.

>   - If someone try to use tokyocabinet, they would disappoint
>     there is only too old version.

It's beside the point, it's frozen, it won't get updated.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit
··O                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]