On Sunday 30 November 2008 13:19:07 Neil McGovern wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 11:12:57AM -0200, Cosimo Alfarano wrote:
> > Hi DR Team,
> >  I'm writing to ask to let the two packages in subject go into testing.
>
> Hi, and sorry for the delay in replying.
>
> jabber-irc has a LOT of changes, so I'm afraid this won't be unblocked.
>
> > python-xmpp was blocked by the jabber-irc which now is fixed.
>
> So this won't either.
>
> Sorry.
>
> Neil
Hello
The thing is: jabber-irc package that is in testing at the moment is not just
old. It is broken already. One of python-xmpp updates broke it and it went
into testing before anyone noticed. That's the reason why python-xmpp in
unstable have that changed dependency in the first place. Since then I didn't
manage to get fixed version of jabber-irc into archive until relatively
recently.

There are several options now:

0) Doing nothing now means that:
i) jabber-irc will stay both old AND broken
ii) python-xmpp will stay old.

And I think that there are two better ways:
A) let jabber-irc go into testing. That lets both packages to update AND it
makes jabber-irc usable again.

B) remove jabber-irc from testing. That will let python-xmpp update.

So I ask you to consider once again if way (A) or way (B) is any better than
way (0).

--
Sincerely yours
Alexey Nezhdanov