On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 20:44:11 -0400 Julien Cristau wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 20:30:30 -0400, Michael Gilbert wrote:
>
> > Package: release.debian.org
> > User: release.debian....@packages.debian.org
> > Usertags: freeze-exception
> > Severity: normal
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've pushed an update fixing an RC issue in poppler.  Please unblock
> > its transition to testing.  Thanks.
> >
> Why are the Conflicts and Replaces not versioned in the same way?

xpdf-utils >= 3.02-9 is and will be a dummy/transitional package and has
no files in it, so the Replaces doesn't actually have any effect on that
version. I suppose the cleaner solution would have been to version the
Replaces as well, but it doesn't make any difference in this case (as
best as I can tell).

Mike