* Stephen Kitt (li...@sk2.org) [100820 00:02]:
> The version of Wine Squeeze is going to ship with (1.0.1) is nearly two years
> old and for many users its use is greatly limited. The recently released
> stable version, 1.2, has vastly improved support for a large number of
> applications and games. I have prepared packages in the same style as the
> current maintainer's, and a few people have tested them. I haven't had much
> reaction from Ove but I do know he is aware of their existence; I haven't
> consulted him regarding this particular request.

Can we please see this version of wine in experimental first (instead
the current 1.1.24-1), e.g. also with a version number as 1.2~exp0.1
or so? That would also allow us to judge the open issues (I have some
symphathy for this request, but obviously it's quite late or even too
late for squeeze.)

Andi