Hi,

FAI version 3.4.0 is sitting in NEW currently:
http://ftp-master.debian.org/new/fai_3.4.0.html

I'm the release manager of the FAI 3.4 release(s) and asked the FTP
team to let FAI through NEW, Jörg suggested to get approval by the
release team beforehand. Here I am. :)

Some background information:

The FAI release targets squeeze and was uploaded on 7th of August, just
a few hours after the freeze was announced by the release team:
https://lists.uni-koeln.de/pipermail/linux-fai/2010-August/008142.html

FAI is sitting in NEW because it introduces a new binary package
(fai-setup-storage), which is a result of providing FAI's
setup-storage feature as separate package for use without FAI. There
are *no* copyright changes present.

The release fixes a bunch of bugs (#588009, #428597, #573044,
#557544, #575812, #576092, #493237, #583289 and also #585063 which
addresses the ISC DHCP v4 transition) and is strongly targeted
towards squeeze. The changelog is available at
http://ftp-master.debian.org/new/fai_3.4.0.html and
at
http://git.grml.org/?p=fai-stable.git;a=blob_plain;f=3.4/debian/changelog;hb=stable
as well (relevant changes are 3.3.5->3.4.0).

As we (the FAI team) want to provide the 3.4 version of FAI in
squeeze I kindly ask you for approving FAI 3.4.0 for
testing/squeeze.

JFTR: We have one further important bugfix for the 3.4 release
sitting in our repostory. We plan to release 3.4.1 including the
bugfix (and any further bugfixes that might come up in the
meanwhile) as soon as FAI 3.4.0 went through NEW. I'll ask for your
approval of 3.4.1 with a debdiff against 3.4.0 in a separate mail
later on then if that would be fine for you.

Thanks.

regards,
-mika-