Mehdi,

thank you for your mail.

If you were aware of the mentors.debian.net package and the discussion
then why ask the question in the way you asked it?  I have received no
further replies to my last message and certainly nothing that would made
me reconsider my position.  If anything I should be the one asking those
questions.

On 12.12.2010 18:57, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
> Well, I did check the package on mentors and it doesn't match what we asked.

And I explained my position as package maintainer that I do not intend
to bring the dependency on makedev or udev back.  I don't feel to repeat
my arguments here, but I feel the need to repeat that I stand by them.
The more I think about it the more arguemnts I find against bringing
back that incorrect dependency.  It would be just plain silly, it seems.

Take 2-7 which has no RC-relevant bug or use 2-8 from mentors if you
prefer that.  At this point, I'm strictly against anything else.  My
strong preference is for the current 2-8 up at mentors to make it for
squeeze.

Regards

Rolf