Quoting Neil McGovern (ne...@debian.org):

> This would be too late for the freeze, which will be happening in June.

*that*,  I know..:-)

> > So, I would like to pre-ask for a freeze exception for samba in case
> > wheezy is frozen before July 2nd. Of course, it would be better to do
> > that with a diff, but:
> > - I don't have it
> > - it will be quite big (as I said, many bugfixes).
> >

> Is there a pre-release or rc candidate that you could upload before the
> freeze?

If only. But, no. This is not Samba Team policy to do beta and RC
releases before they ship a stable update. Indeed, their one and only
release manager just cannot afford that.

> > Given the very low history of regression in Samba 3.6.* release cycle,
> > I think it's a low-risk exception.
> >

> One of the main issues would be the size of the diff we need to review,
> hence the suggestion above!

The size of the diff would be the same. The only difference being that
what I would upload right now (if an RC release existed) would *not*
be reviewed.

Frankly speaking....I would call that just "cheating"..:-). I just
prefer being honest and ask honestly for a freeze exception, in
advance, for what I think will be very low risk.