On Sun, 2012-07-01 at 19:06 +0000, shawn wrote:
> Please unblock package kyotocabinet

We can't unblock something that hasn't been uploaded.

>  - -1 that got uploaded has the -dev package not depending on the shared
> library
>  which is RC Bug #679683
>  - -2 now has a proper configure check for 8 byte atomics instead of a
> hard-coded list, which means it now works
>  on mips and powerpc through configuring these out (any maybe others, the
> buildds havn't finished on -1)
>
> If -2 cannot be unblocked, (and sponsored) 1.2.76-1 (which is the first
> version of this package
> in Debian), should not be part of Wheezy.

We'd need to see a diff against -1 to know if it might be suitable.  See
http://release.debian.org/wheezy/freeze_policy.html for further details,
as referenced in the d-d-a mail.

Looking further, it appears that kyotocabinet is currently not in wheezy
at all?  In that case -1 only got an unblock initially because it was in
unstable in time (having been accepted from NEW the day before the
freeze); we might need a little more convincing that -2 should get one
having turned out to be buggy so quickly.  (Well, I might, ommv...)

Regards,

Adam