Control: tags -1 moreinfo

Hi Bdale,

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 09:13:55AM -0600, Bdale Garbee wrote:
> Please unblock package yforth.  This version is a new upstream release
> that fixes bug #687348 which was originally filed as RC but which I
> downgraded to important.  The claim was that yforth had a non-free
> license, which I did not completely agree with.  But the upstream author
> offered to re-license from a home-grown license to GPL v3 to eliminate
> any ambiguity in his intentions.
>
> The only other changes made by upstream were to roll in various patches
> I and others had provided in the many years since the last yforth
> upstream release, including a few suggestions I made on improvements to
> the Makefile to allow me to enable hardening build flags, etc.
>
> Since yforth is a leaf package that nothing else depends on, I hope you
> will agree that allowing it in to wheezy even if for no other reason
> than to eliminate the license freedom ambiguity pointed out in #687348
> despite my downgrading of that bug to a non-RC severity is a good idea.
>
> Thanks for considering this!

Looking at this unblock request, I noticed that the pts complains about
missing build for mipsel and s390. As these archs are not listed on the buildd
page, I suspect these are old binaries that need to be removed (and for which
removal requests need to be filed).

Also there is no debdiff attached to the unblock request.

Looking at the changelog however, the change "move to use of dh in rules,
compat 9 to enable hardening" is most likely in conflict with the freeze
policy:
http://release.debian.org/wheezy/freeze_policy.html

Cheers,

Ivo