On Tue, Feb 05, 2013 at 01:34:54PM +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> dlocate has been neglected for quite some time now. I have collected
> some patches to fix several minor but annoying bugs in the bugtracker
> and fixed the manpages. I understand that these changes are not relevant
> for security-related issues and I naturally accept if my unblock request
> gets rejected. However, I think all these changes are nice to have and
> bring the package into a much better shape for shipping with Wheezy.

Hmm. I'm instinctively reluctant to prop up dlocate if the current maintainer
isn't taking care of it and it needs deeper work. On the other hand, if it
is mature and we simply need to maintain the status quo, then perhaps
propping up is all it needs.

Put less gently I suppose the question is: does dlocate deserve its place
in Wheezy and just needs this little tidying up, or should we consider
removing it?

(Note I make no comment on the diff at this stage, I have not looked at it
in any detail.)

--
Jonathan Wiltshire                                      j...@debian.org
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51