Op woensdag 6 maart 2013 10:16:18 schreef Adam D. Barratt:
> It looks like the maintainer field is already fixed in sid, in
> 2.10.0-1; that is a number of upstream releases more recent than the
> current wheezy package, however.
>
> Your last message in #700719 indicates that your inclination towards an
> unblock was based on the assumption that the package involved would be
> 2.9.6; is that correct? Even after filtering the diff down quite a lot
> to remove documentation changes etc. we still appear to be left with a
> diff of " 217 files changed, 5476 insertions(+), 1476 deletions(-)"
> which isn't that bad but not ideal at this point.

Right, since I posted my proposal indeed a new upstream has been uploaded on
Monday to sid making the migration impossible. I do not advocate migrating
2.10.0. I was convinced that migration should be possible precisely because it
was an upstream bugfix, not a new major rleease.

I'd like to reword my proposal then to uploading 2.9.6-1, as it was in sid, to
tpu. Only changes would be a new version number (2.9.6-1+wheezy1?) and fixed
maintainer. My filtered diff of that, as attached to #700719, amounts to:

Cheers,
Thijs