On Wed, 2012-11-14 at 13:04 +0200, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> Here's a request to approve the upload of firebird2.5 2.5.2.26539.ds4-1 to
> unstable, as a step to get it unblocked for wheezy.
>
> Although this is technically a new upstream release (with a new original
> tarball), the version in wheezy is a very close snapshot of the upstream 2.5
> release branch.
[...]
> I hope this can be allowed to enter wheezy. In general upstream is very
> careful
> with maintenance releases (a.b.x) and missing the final 2.5.2 release in
> wheezy
> would be pity.

Many apologies for not having got back to you about this at an earlier
point. I'm afraid it's a little too late to get the changes in to the
initial release (particularly as it would still need to go via unstable
first), although it may be worth looking at for inclusion in a point
release, assuming that would still be of interest.

Looking through the list of changes, does #693193 cause an upgrade issue
from the 2.5.0 packages in squeeze? The description only mentions 2.5.1,
but I just wanted to check there wasn't any potential impact on the
older packages.

Regards,

Adam