Looking at boost1.53 transition in ubuntu[1] at the moment. It's
probably as best as I can prepare the transition. There are still a
few FTBFS in ubuntu but the numbers of those are quite low.

Looking at the blocking bugs in Debian, most of them are easy & quick
uploads once the transtition starts.

I would request to ignore ogre & it's reverse dependencies at the
moment. To support, boost1.53 ogre needs a soname bump to a version
1.8.1 or higher. And the maintainer expressed to transition straight
to ogre 1.9 when that becomes available.[2]

There are a couple blocking issues - e.g. in boost itself & recent
possible breakage in gcc-4.8. But apart from those, I'd like to
request start of the transition soonish. (pending any other
overlapping transitions and such like).

[1] http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/transitions/boost1.53.html
[2] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=704044#85

Regards,