On 2014-09-26 08:58, Craig Small wrote:
On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 04:12:06PM +0100, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
 - procps FTBFS on s390x [1]
The s390x is flaky, sometimes it builds sometimes it doesn't. It's due
to how they (the individual buildds) are setup; they are not consistent.

 - open-vm-tools on i386 no longer depends on libprocps when rebuilt
- open-vm-tools on amd64 FTBFS with procps-related errors [2] when rebuilt.
It builds fine with libprocps3 in an otherwise up-to-date chroot
I suspect it uses certain library calls it shouldn't that was the
problem last time.

Please either revert your upload, or fix this mess, before midnight Sunday
GMT.
Why did it actually get transistioned?

I think there's some misunderstanding about 'transition'. This is about a library transition (SONAME increment) which requires rebuilding of dependent packages. It's nothing to do with the transition of a package from sid to testing.

Library transitions involve manual action, usually by the release team.

I thought it would stay in sid
and not be put into the frozen set of packages.

I don't understand what you mean by this.

How do you actually revert an upload? It's out there now isn't it?
Again, I thought there were gates in the freeze period to stop this very
thing.

We haven't frozen yet. In any case, a library transition during a freeze still isn't very welcome.

You already have an epoch in your version string, so I suggest you increment that and upload the previous ABI, and then tell us so we can clean up.

--
Jonathan Wiltshire                                      j...@debian.org
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51

<directhex> i have six years of solaris sysadmin experience, from
            8->10. i am well qualified to say it is made from bonghits
                        layered on top of bonghits