In linux.debian.vote Ian Jackson <ijack...@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

>If people want to make Debian derivatives that work only with a
>particular init system, that's completely fine.  The reverse - trying
>to put back support for sysvinit, if it gets taken out of Debian,
>would be very very difficult.  As the upstream for our ecosystem, we
>in Debian have a special responsibility to retain the flexibility our
>downstreams might want.
The only downstream distribution that choose to do this was Ubuntu, and
they choose to stop using Upstart when it was not accepted as the
default init system for Debian rather than keep trying to compete with
systemd.
Let's try to not conceive hypothetical problems just because you like
their solution.

--
ciao,
Marco