Control: tags -1 confirmed

On 2014-11-14 17:16, Sebastian Ramacher wrote:
> On 2014-11-13 20:21:22, Sebastian Ramacher wrote:
>> Package: release.debian.org
>> Severity: normal
>> User: release.debian....@packages.debian.org
>> Usertags: unblock
>>
>> This bug is for the discussion of fixing #749698. This issue has been
>> fixed upstream, but the fix requires a SONAME. The class XMLNode from
>> the non-free files was used in constructors of many classes that are
>> exposed via the public ABI which also make XMLNode part of it. For the
>> diff of symbols, please see the attached symbol.diff.
>>
>> Some discussion happend on the #debian-release yesterday and the day
>> before. I've looked at some possible solutions to the problem and that's
>> lthe three optiohs that I could think of:

Hi Sebastian,

Sorry for the delay,

I have reviewed the situation and we will go ahead with option A.  Can
you start by uploading it to experimental?  This is to ensure that
libmusicbrainz have no regressions build-wise before we start the
transition in unstable.

I decided on option A since the difference between A and C (once you
include the SONAME bump as well) is basically just comments.

>>   [...]
>>
>> If you can think of any other option that I forgot, please let me know.
>>
>> I know that the time for transitions targeting jessie is over. But apart
>> from Option C or ignoring the issue for the release, I do not see any
>> other possibility to fix the bug. If we do the transition anyway, the
>> following packages would need to be binNMUed:
>>
>>   cantata
>>   cynthiune.app
>>   flactag
>>   gnome-sushi