Control: block -1 by 770627

On 2014-12-03 22:03, David Kalnischkies wrote:
> Control: tags -1 moreinfo
>
> Hi Release Team,
>
> [...]

Hi,

I blocked this on 770627, because I have a question about the
interaction between apt and dpkg vs. triggers.  Please have a look at
that bug and follow up with any relevant information.

>> The changes you proposed seems entirely reasonable.  Please upload them
>> to unstable and remove the "moreinfo" tag once it has been accepted into
>> unstable.
>>   You are welcome to add translation updates to that and the fix for
>> #765687 as well.
>
> Done. Note that I applied #767774 before #765687, which is boring by
> itself, but effects the very same code, so the backport of #765687 would
> actually include the two-line #767774 as well anyway, so better be
> explicit about it…

Ok, seems reasonable at first glance - thanks.

>> Let have a look at the apt-keys regressions after all of this has
>> migrated to testing.
>
> I took also the liberty to apply the one-line #754436 fix as its the
> only thing related to apt-key with a reasonable severity/change ratio.
> Nobody I know of is using fingerprints (for now) and bugs like the 40
> keyrings limit from gnupg is annoying, but the amount of (Debian) users
> effected by it is limited to a point that I don't want to annoy you with
>> 400 line changes (beside that I haven't the time for it either).

Ack.

>>> In regards to the trigger change in dpkg: Nobody commented further, so
>>> I feel only half as bad for not having done much about it, but that will
>>> surely need quite some changes, so if this isn't magically going forward
>>> soon I would post-prune that to 1.0.9.5 for now – just so you know.
>>
>> At this time we just received a new dpkg upload that hopefully deals
>> with the trigger issues for Jessie.  If so, we might be able to tag
>> #769609 with -jessie ignore.
>
> I presume Guillem would be unhappy to carry the workaround to stretch
> (and we will have to make sure to not forget about it as this path will
> be mostly untested up until jessie->stretch upgrades are tested),
> but your call. I haven't given the dpkg change a closer look yet though
> so it might be nicer/works better than I expect it to be…

I could be interested in this patch for Jessie.  However, let me come
back to you on that when I got a better overview of the situation.

> For everyone following along looking for a diff, the final diff of
> 1.0.9.3 -> 1.0.9.4 is probably best viewed in chunks via git, e.g.:
> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/apt/apt.git/log/
>

> Thanks & best regards
>
> David Kalnischkies

Noted, thanks.