Hi Michael

On 16 April 2015 at 02:29, Michael Gilbert <mgilb...@debian.org> wrote:
> Upstream intends that symbol to be private, so it should be unused in
> other packages.  But for confidence that it doesn't lead to breakage,
> someone should build test the reverse dependencies, which is a large
> number.  Graham can you do that?

I don't think rebuilding all the reverse dependencies is what we want to test.
However, I am prepared to do that if release Release Team wish.

I have used codesearch.debian.net and the only hits on
'XmForceGrabKeyboard' occur in source package motif.
I also have a machine that has every Motif package installed (where I
was testing xfonts), on which I plan to grep through
/var/lib/dpkg/status for dependencies on libxm4.  If any package used
XmForceGrabKeyboard, it should depend on libxm4 (=> 2.3.4-5~) which it
would have picked up from libxm4.symbols.
The machine is running Vivid, but I don't think it will matter.

> It's rather late in the release cycle, so maybe leave things alone for
> now, and plan to do a jessie-pu once that testing is complete?

If you uploaded 2.3.4-6.2 now, could it cause any harm?  At least this
will get the package built and Release Team can still decide whether
to grant the unblock request or not.

Regards
Graham