Jonathan Wiltshire <j...@debian.org> wrote:

Hi,

> On 2015-09-06 18:37, Stephen Dowdy wrote:
>>> On my debian systems (running Jessie) I have spotted that the cron
>>> daemon does not run after the automatic upgrade took place. I had to
>>> restart the cron job manually on all systems.
>
> Please file a bug against the relevant packages; sounds like cron would
> be a good place to start.

FWIW, Steve Kemp (through his blog) mentioned this:

Basically cron is stopped during upgrade, and systemd by default kills
the whole process group (which includes unattended-upgrades->apt->dpkg).
This has been fixed in 8.2, but I guess the updated systemd unit gets
reloaded too late.

Best Regards,
Bernhard