Hi,

On 17/08/16 21:05, ni...@thykier.net wrote:
> Like last release, we are doing a roll call for porters of all release
> architectures.  If you are an active porter behind one of the [release
> architectures] for the entire lifetime of Debian Stretch (est. end of
> 2020), please respond with a signed email containing the following
> before Friday, the 9th of September:
>
>  * Which architectures are you committing to be an active porter for?

I'm an active porter for mips, mipsel and mips64el.

>  * Please describe recent relevant porter contributions.

Numerous mips64el related bugs and some assistance bootstrapping parts
of it. Lately I've been looking at some toolchain issues and bugs in
various other packages.

>  * Are you running/using Debian testing or sid on said port(s)?

Yes we have a number of mips machines running testing. They are mostly
used for development (some quite heavily used). I test common packages
on them (I'd be surprised if anyone can claim they test *all* packages
on their arch).

>  * Are you testing/patching d-i for the port(s)?

I don't use d-i a huge amount with the port unfortunately. Having said
that I am about to setup another machine so I'll try it out on that :)

>  * If we were to enable -fPIE/-pie by default in GCC-6, should that change
>    also apply to this port? [0]

I'm not aware of any issues with enabling -fPIC on mips arches so I
think you can go ahead with it. PIE is already enabled in a number of
packages and there doesn't seem to be any issues with them mips.

I'm a DD

James