[Emilio Pozuelo Monfort, 2016-11-21]
> Piotr, any comment on that?

I'm done talking with Thomas, it's always either his way or nothing.
The one and only reason I uploaded 1.1 to experimental was to make it
easier to test Openstack. I completed the "transition" on Friday¹,
I didn't even need the whole weekend. Sure, I wasn't able to test all
of them as I didn't always really know how (like in this² case).
Griffith, the app I'm a co-author, wasn't (unfortunately) updated in
years... and it still works with each new X.Y SA release. SA has also
the best unit tests I've seen in a Python library, so I'm pretty
confident 1.1 is good enough for Stretch (that's why I want to update
x.y.Z releases in stable, I was told not to do that in the past, I will
ask again for Stretch).

The only missing pieces for now are the ones from very cooperative
Openstack Team. Since I feel very strongly about this (I feel deceived)
I will let Thomas take it to the TC (if they want to take this package from
me, so be it - I will not upload 1.0 to unstable again). Packages
rebuild with 1.1 will migrate to testing even now, as they no longer
have << 1.X dependency, so the new maintainer will not have to do much
to revert to 1.0).

In the meantime I will send patches to the Openstack packages that
really need this (as I understand it, it's not only SQLAlchemy-migrate³,
now, I will check if migrate is the reason 2 more showed up).

[¹] there are still 2 PAPT packages that have new upstream releases and
    maintainer wanted to work on it in a week or so so I didn't upload
    those, I might soon if that's a problem.
[²]
https://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-med-packaging/2016-November/047994.html
[³] I even recall helping Thomas to make it buildable again,
    once he told me it's failing to build (even with SA 1.0)