On 2016-11-24 13:04:21, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Tue, Aug  9, 2016 at 11:50:27 -0400, Antoine Beaupré wrote:
>
>> This is a tentative of opening the discussion regarding a more regular
>> update of the youtube-dl package in Debian stable.
>>
> TBH I think this should never have reached stable in the first place...

So what should happen now? Should it be removed from stretch?

What do we do with the version that *is* in testing?

Isn't that what volatile (now -updates) was designed for?

https://lists.debian.org/debian-volatile-announce/2012/msg00000.html

It explicitly mentions:

"""
 * Fixes to leaf packages that were broken by external changes (e.g.
   video downloading tools and tor).
"""

A.

--
Qui vit sans folie n'est pas si sage qu'il croit.
                        - François de La Rochefoucauld