On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:50:45 -0500, Ian Corbett wrote:
> If instead you click on the link for "the lenny page", and the the s390
> link under "other images" there it will take you to this page.
>
> http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/lenny/main/installer-s390/current/images/
>
> These images have not been updated in some time but they do support
> installing from stable, testing and unstable and seem to work both as
> install images and as a rescue system.

I already have the Lenny installer images.  I was told by an expert that they
are
really not suitable for installing Squeeze (testing), despite the fact that
it is possible to do it.

> I also get this error and have for some time, as such I would like to
> reach out and offer system support help to whoever runs that system or
> propose the s390 daily build effort move to
> "http://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/"; or "http://people.debian.org/";
> like other platforms.
>
> This is of course complicated by the fact that I cannot find direct
> contact information for the owner of lophos.multibuild.org, but if
> anyone on this list knows how to pass this offer along please do so!

Good for you!

I went to the web site http://multibuild.org, which did come up, then
I clicked on the "Contact" link in the upper right-hand corner and
filled out a web form to notify them that lophos.multibuild.org was
down.  That was weeks ago.  But I never got a response.  And the server
never came back up.  If I myself, personally, were paying
them to perform a hosting service for me, I would have discontinued
the service by now.

I wish I (on behalf of my employer) could offer Debian a hosting service,
but it's out of the question.  My employer wishes to remain anonymous,
but the bottom line is that if we offer free hosting to anybody we have
to offer free hosting to everybody, or at least to all non-profit
organizations.  It's just out of the question.

The saddest thing is that no-one at Debian seems to care.  Why doesn't
Debian do something about it?  Very long outages (weeks, months) from a
hosting service is very bad.  But a customer that doesn't care is even worse!
Why does Debian put up with such atrocious service?  It's a mystery to me.