On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 01:09:43PM -0600, David Clements wrote:
> My jessie installed finished and znetconf is missing. This is very weird
> because lsqeth, lsdasd, lscss, etc. are all part of the zconf sub-package
> and they are installed.
> I have wasted enough time on this, and as I now understand what is going on
> with the s390-tools package, not why, I will continue to pull the package
> from DeveloperWorks, and get on with my qeth testing.

Well, we are living in a world where IBM does not take our patches. More
utilities add to the maintenance burden, especially if it's essentially
duplicated functionality to /etc/sysconfig/hardware.

More construtively: znetconf seems to hardcode the path to lsznet.raw,
which hardcodes the path to znetcontrolunits. We could ship the latter
two in /lib/s390-tools, I guess, so that's ok.

I'd encourage you to file a bug against s390-tools in Debian so that it's
not forgotten.

Kind regards and thanks
Philipp Kern