I run a potato server on an ethernet behind a firewall connected by dsl to the
internet.  The only service exposed is ftp,  In the middle of last night ippl reported
an ftp connection attempt from 192.168.1,1   The network behind my firewall uses
192.168.75.xx addressses for one Redhat and a couple of Windows machines as well as
the debian ftp server.  Any idea where the 192.168.1.1 attempt is coming from?  Is it
likely to have been spoofed over the internet as part of an attack?

--
---> Hal <---->  [EMAIL PROTECTED] <---