Hello everybody,

I have installed a chroot environment on my web server under a Debian Woody in
/var/services/chroot/sshs.

I have follow this documentation :
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/securing-debian-howto/ap-chroot-ssh-env.en.html
I have used the makejail method to do this.

Ssh inside the jail work correctly but i have a problem with authentification.
But i can start ssh without any problem. So i have put here my /etc/passwd,
/etc/group and/etc/pam.d/ssh files here:

        /etc/passwd :
        sshd:x:100:65534::/var/run/sshd:/bin/false
        me:x:101:100:onlyatest:/home/arnaud/./:/bin/bash

        /etc/group :
        root:x:0:
        daemon:x:1:
        bin:x:2:
        sys:x:3:
        adm:x:4:
        tty:x:5:
        disk:x:6:
        mail:x:8:
        uucp:x:10:
        kmem:x:15:
        sudo:x:27:
        audio:x:29:
        www-data:x:33:
        backup:x:34:
        operator:x:37:
        list:x:38:
        src:x:40:
        gnats:x:41:
        shadow:x:42:
        utmp:x:43:
        staff:x:50:
        users:x:100:
        nogroup:x:65534:
        wheel:x:101:me

        /etc/pam.d/ssh :
        auth       required     pam_nologin.so
        auth       required     pam_unix.so
        auth       required     pam_env.so
        auth       required     pam_listfile.so
        account    required     pam_unix.so
        session    required     pam_unix.so
        session    optional     pam_lastlog.so
        session    optional     pam_motd.so
        session    optional     pam_mail.so standard noenv
        session    required     pam_limits.so
        password   required     pam_unix.so

I have also installed the ssh debian package patch for chroot that i have found
here:
http://debian.home-dn.net/woody/ssh/ssh_3.4p1-1+chroot3.5p1_i386.deb

I have join to this mail a log when i have wanted to login on an other computer
with debian too.

I want to know if i could use the same directory for chroot environment for
apache and ssh ? By example i use chroot for directory /var/services/chroot and
i put ssh and apache in this directory.

Thanks for you help
Arnaud Fontaine

* fingerprint of my gnupg key :
1F88 8886 A466 EF50 0F29  CC13 E045 70B2 5306 691E
* you can find my gnupg public at this address :
http://www.andesi.org/gpg/[EMAIL PROTECTED]