Hi!

Well, running it chrooted will prevent it from accessing the .plan files and
all the other information you want to provide via finger service. At least if
you provide a correct chroot environment. Anything providing access to files
outside the chroot environment would be a security issue again. I mean, you
can actually update the information in the finger sandbox using some kind of
cronjob. This won't be accurate and may require some patches to the fingerd.
Better think about a different way to provide the information you want to
offer.

Best regards and happy thinking,
Oliver-who-is-quite-angry-about-getting-a-notebook-where-you-cant-run-linux-on
-without-severe-constraints-on-functionality ;)