On Thursday 04 August 2005 00:39, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Frans Pop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > On Thursday 04 August 2005 00:25, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> >> What is wrong with volatile?  It's for exactly this case.
> >
> > No it is not. volatile-sloppy [1] may be (if that's implemented).
>
> I read that, and I read more importantly volatile.debian.net, and I
> don't see any indication there of why gaim upgrades (or mozilla ones)
> are not allowed in volatile.

From volatile.debian.net:
  volatile is not "just another place" for backports, but should only
  contain changes to stable programs that are necessary to keep them
  functional;

Changes to stable programs <> new upstream versions (in principle).

As a rule, only changes to data files are accepted. Packaging changes are
also not acceptable in principle.