On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 15:34:58 +0100
Thomas Habets <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I thought that was what mattered, but is it fixable? 3MB is not enough for
> everybody. I'd say it's hardly enough for anybody actually.

It's more than enough, it's enough to fit the build that
results from using arch/sparc64/defconfig which includes all
onboard stock devices Sun ever put into an UltraSPARC system.

> Is it SILO or the kernel that needs to be fixed?

The boot firmware only provides a few MEG of space with which
we can unpack things.

You guys are building way WAAAY too much crap statically into your
kernels, use modules and be happy.