On Sun, Apr 01, 2007 at 04:19:19PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 01, 2007 at 03:39:37PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> > > But... that's not actually supposed to be necessary. Quoting:
> > [...]
> > >
> > > This was in reply to another person's question, and that person (who
> > > had a problem) had swap as the first partition.
> >
> > I don't see how you conclude one from the other.
>
> The man said that it works for him(tm)... that sounds relevant :)

Relevance wasn't questioned; your conclusion was questioned.

Regardless of this quote, I can tell you from experience that it does
not work to have the first partition be a raid partition and start from
cylinder 0.

This is the first time I've heard that you can't boot if the first
partition is swap and starts at cyl 1.  Sounds bogus to me.