Hi Tom
Does it have the FibreChannel disk controller? That is what my sunblade 2000
has ( manufactured in 2002).

My experience with that ( two years ago) is that the driver has a bug
preventing installation. I discussed this a few years ago.

At the time, I was able to install OpenBsd, but that's not what I want.
Good luck
Rick