Olá!

Eu lí os 2 textos e não cheguei a uma conclusão diferente:

Dual-core or Single?

Reviewers have been trying to provide benchmarks that can adequately solve this question for you. We have never seen a product launch with so much confusion around it. From our standpoint dual-core isn’t new; it’s just an old product (SMP) that has been reborn in new skin that makes it more affordable to the end user. The same performance questions about dual processor system over a single processor remain. Until more applications are written to take advantage of multi-processor machines, multi-tasking will be the key factor.

We had mentioned that we've been SMP users for years, so dual-core, performance-wise, is rather old news. What we're excited about is the change to application support for SMP systems because dual-core will make it mainstream. We may finally see games and office apps multi-threaded. How sweet would it be if UT2007 supports multiple processors? Prior to dual-core this was more a dream than a possibility.

Eu ainda acho que o kernel certo seria o linux-image-2.6.15-1-k7-smp

Poderia me mostrar pq não?

Fabio Serpa

Dúvidas sobre o Debian?!
http://www.debianfordummies.org/wiki/index.php/Debian_For_Dummies