On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 04:48:37PM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> First off let me say that no one is forcing you to use this small
> feature of sed.  If you don't understand it then you should not be
> using it.  The feature will be waiting there for you when you find the

Thanks, I'll probably start to get into it.  It just seems to violate
Unix's small, single tool philosopy, it's a bit overdetermined.

On first blush it seems like a separate tool crammed into the same
binary.

I'm sure now that I'm aware of it I'll start to see all kinds of useful
uses and learn to love it.