Tom Allison writes:
> All the spammers would do is create thousands of dummy accounts (hence a
> community) to run around and trust each other and build a concensus of
> trust.

So they can all send each other spam.  How nice.  Doesn't matter to me as
long as no one in my web of trust is also in theirs.

s. keeling writes:
> Is there no way to say you don't trust anything Tom says, which would
> instantly invalidate anyone using him as a reference?  Can I not somehow
> disable locally trust of Tom's key?

You can.  You can also enable trust in his key when used to sign documents
but not when used to sign keys.  This is useful if he is trustworthy but
gullible.
--
John Hasler
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (John Hasler)