Pigeon wrote:

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 01:58:42PM +0200, Paal Marker wrote:

I need to prevent a box from blanking out.

In redhat8 I could succesfully put this section in the end of /etc/X11/XF86Config

Section "Serverflags"
Option "BlankTime" "0" Option "StandbyTime" "0"
Option "SuspendTime" "0"
Option "OffTime" "0"
EndSection

The result of putting in this section is that the X server will not start

By googling I found that this syntax could also be used

Section "Serverflags"
Option "blank time" "0" Option "standby time" "0"
Option "suspend time" "0"
Option "off time" "0"
EndSection

Same result, no X

startx gives error message:

Option "blank time" "0" server flags section keyword expected

I copied the serverflags section from redhat8's XF86Config, where it worked fine. What does debian demand of syntax here?

I've got "xset s off" in /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc. Works fine.

No, does not help. Could be because the system setup here is rather special, a kiosk mode.

I tried to use the xset command when I ran redhat on these boxes, and I had the same problem. The solution then was the section serverflags in the XF86Config file as described. So I am quite sure I have to stick to it and get the syntax right in the section serverflags

From linux single start and the startx  I get the error message:

Config Error: /etc/X11/XF86Config:269 (wich is the line where the first option in the section serverflags starts)

_Option_ "BlankTime" "0" Server flags keyword expected

Remark here that it is the Option word that is underlined in the message, the underlning is made by ^^^^^^^ these characters. Does it tell me that 'Option' is an invalid keyword in this section?

The Xserver used is xserver-s3