Michael B Allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Printing  through xprint is considerably nicer.

When xprint can finally query CUPS for all the information about my
printer, specifically resolution and paper sizes, I'll grant you
this.

Until then, I have to dive into circa 1985 config file hell telling
xprint everything about my printer just so that I can have output
which is just as good (on the stuff I print) as it was with direct
postscript out.

> Here's some documentation. It's a little out dated and not specific to
> Debian. I suspect Debian should be considerably easier. If it's not the
> package isn't setup properly. It should be a breeze.

Of course, that guide guarantees crappy output on any printer better
than 1200dpi since it doesn't go into telling Xprint what the printer
is capable of.  That's done in "information about builtin printer
fonts, DDX driver configuration information, and other stuff you will
hopefully never have to look at (See also: Section 2 of Xprint Service
Sample Implementation from the XFree86 documentation). "

--
Alan Shutko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - I am the rocks.
Barney Hunting season is now *OPEN*...