Hi all,

On my iBook I have for some time had the weird problem that some Xpdf
widgets do not show any text.  (Running Debian powerpc/unstable.)  For
instance, the magnification level pop-up menu, the "Quit" button in the
lower right, and the context menu that pops up when the document is
right-clicked.

This doesn't affect viewing of any PDF document (thank goodness!), only
the Xpdf interface.  As far as I remember, I haven't made any changes to
the Xpdf config files in /etc.  No other application seems to be affected.

"dpkg -l \*font\* \*ttf\*" produces the following output (only installed
packages shown):

> ii  fontconfig     2.2.3-1        generic font configuration library
> ii  gsfonts        8.14+v8.11-0.1 Fonts for the Ghostscript interpreter(s)
> ii  gsfonts-x11    0.17           Make Ghostscript fonts available to X11
> ii  libfontconfig1 2.2.3-1        generic font configuration library (shared l
> ii  libfontconfig1 2.2.3-1        generic font configuration library (developm
> ii  mplayer-fonts  3.5-2          Fonts for mplayer
> ii  msttcorefonts  1.1.5          Installer for Microsoft TrueType core fonts
> ii  psfontmgr      0.11.8-0.1     PostScript font manager -- part of Defoma, D
> ii  ttf-freefont   20031008-1.1   Freefont Serif, Sans and Mono Truetype fonts
> ii  x-ttcidfont-co 17             Configure TrueType and CID fonts for X
> ii  xfonts-100dpi  4.3.0.dfsg.1-7 100 dpi fonts for X
> ii  xfonts-75dpi   4.3.0.dfsg.1-7 75 dpi fonts for X
> ii  xfonts-base    4.3.0.dfsg.1-7 standard fonts for X
> ii  xfonts-scalabl 4.3.0.dfsg.1-7 scalable fonts for X
> ii  libsdl-ttf2.0- 2.0.6-5        ttf library for Simple DirectMedia Layer wit
> ii  libttf2        1.4pre.2003040 FreeType 1, The FREE TrueType Font Engine, s
> ii  ttf-bitstream- 1.10-3         The Bitstream Vera family of free TrueType f
> ii  ttf-freefont   20031008-1.1   Freefont Serif, Sans and Mono Truetype fonts
> ii  ttf-opensymbol 1.1.2-3        The OpenSymbol TrueType font

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

--
Kevin B. McCarty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   Physics Department
GPG public key ID: 4F83C751                 Princeton, NJ 08544