On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 09:22:37AM -0500, Huy T. wrote:
> Hey all I'm looking for a new operating system to use as a primary OS
> instead of Windows XP.  I noticed that there is extensive documentation
> located at tldp.org.  Could anyone share any sites with me for
> expediting a newer user to getting up and setup running this system
> effectively?  Starting off by installing a HDD installation of Knoppix
> since I heard it was basically debian.
>
> Books even?  How did you all learn?  Any assistance is much appreciated.

Knoppix is 'basically' Debian, but 'basically' has become a word with a
very squishy meaning. Play around with Knoppix in order to convince
yourself that you are on the right track for you. Then go to
www.debian.org
and find the CD image of the new Debian installer CD. Download this,
burn a CD and do an install of 'pure Debian'. This way the help that
you get on this list will be directly applicable to your own installation.

Read Debian doc.s, also available on www.debian.org
Be aware that Debian is a true user organization.
The first rule to learn is "No Top Posting!" that is to say your response to
a message should be attached -below- the text of the original message.

--
Paul E Condon
[EMAIL PROTECTED]