On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:22:40 +0000 (UTC), Alexis Huxley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > How do I interpret 03:04? If I boot off the boot floppy, everything is
>
> It's /dev/hda4 (the 3 and 4 are the major and minor numbers; do 'ls -ld
> /dev/hda4' to see this).
>
> > fine. Have poked around for answers in the archives, but haven't
> > figured it out.
> >
> > boot drive:
> > hda1 - /boot
> > hda2 - swap
> > hda3 - /
> >
> > second disk:
> > hdd1 - /disk1
>
> But you don't have an hda4? What's in your lilo.conf or menu.lst
> (for lilo or grub respectively) and what's in fstab?

# lilo.conf (snippets - not showing lot of commented out stuff from
default lilo)

# Support LBA for large hard disks.
lba32

boot=/dev/hda
root=/dev/hda3
install=/boot/boot-menu.b
map=/boot/map
delay=20
vga=normal

default=Linux

image=/vmlinuz
        label=Linux
        read-only
#       restricted
#       alias=1

image=/vmlinuz.old
        label=LinuxOLD
        read-only
        optional
#       restricted
#       alias=2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#
/dev/hda3       /               ext2    errors=remount-ro       0       1
/dev/hda2       none            swap    sw                      0       0
proc            /proc           proc    defaults                0       0
/dev/fd0        /floppy         auto    user,noauto             0       0
/dev/cdrom      /cdrom          iso9660 ro,user,noauto          0       0
/dev/hda1       /boot   ext2    defaults                        0       2
/dev/hdd2       /disk1          ext2    errors=remount-ro       0       1

I didn't see anything suspicious here and haven't edited these files recently.

Royce