On 6/10/05, Paul Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Learn to format your posts properly.  Paragraphs start with an empty
> line and should be written in conversational order like in normal
> written English.  See standard RFC1855.

"Standard," huh?  It's called "Netiquette _Guidelines_."  And I quote:

"This memo provides information for the Internet community.  This memo
does not specify an Internet _standard_ of any kind."  (My emphasis.)

And it's dated October 1995!!  Ten years in this environment is a
century or more anywhere else.

Look, I would prefer that people behave well too (interpolated replies
with judicious edits are better than un- or badly-edited top- or
bottom-posted ones) but don't pretend that there's an effing rule
about it!

People will post as they do, and those of us who've been around since
that RFC was issued will deal with it as we will.  Apparently some of
us will need to up the dose of BP medication.

Patrick