On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 08:35:00PM +0200, Guillaume TESSIER wrote:

> [...]
>                          There is a problem. A package with the same
> version number won't contain the same binaries at different T time in
> the different trees.
>
> Apt doesn't know about binaries. It only looks at the version number.
>
> This means : the package-2.0 is my system (taken from the testing
> repositories at (BIG-SWITCH -4)) could be different than the package-2.0
> in the stable repositories.

But surely it wouldn't be the same version number if it had been
changed.  It would be 2.1 or 2.0.1 or something like that.  At
least I presume it wouldn't be, otherwise what's the point of having
version numbers in the first place?

Cheers,
David

--
David Jardine

"Running Debian GNU/Linux and
loving every minute of it."  -L. von Sacher-M.(1835-1895)