[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

Have just finished installing sarge (am a first-time debian user, very
impressed), and now am chosing a window manager. I have fond memories
of using a little-known WM called VTWM on SunOS, but that was almost 10
years ago now. I'm guessing the are other, at least equally noteworthy
WM's around.

Not so keen on KDE/GNOME because as I understand they are somewhat
CPU-intensive and take longer to load than the traditional WMs.

A personal recommendation of your favourite window manager would be
much appreciated.

My favorite has always been icewm.
Very fast, and simple, but very configurable.

I second that. Everything can be done on the keyboard, and it's quick to start up.

Every so often, I'll pop into something else (gnome, xfce, kde (ugh) rat poisen as of late), but I always come back to IceWM and the grin returns.

EP