Bill,
You can use a linux machine with a modem as a "bridge" to the net with
IP forwarding. I think that you would configure the other machines to
use the Linux box as a gateway. Does anyone know if the standard Debian
kernels have IP forwarding compiled in?

As for your other question, the color-ls package is located in the misc
section. Once you install it, put "eval 'dircolors'" in your .bash_pro
file. (without the quotes, of course) It makes things look much prettier!
--
Stephen Pitts                                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Proudly running Debian GNU/Linux 1.1 on an Intel Pentium 150

Stupid, n.:
        Losing $25 on the game and $25 on the instant replay.