Hello,

I installed debian 1.2 the other day and compiled a new kernel (2.0.27)

The new kernel was unable to load any modules during bootup.

It just said: 'Can't find dependancy information for module mcd.o' and
the like.

What went wrong? Is it because I have kerneld 2.0.0? Where would I get a
kerneld 2.0.27 if such a thing exists?

Here's what I did:
'make config dep clean zImage modules modules_install ; cp \
arch/i386/boot/zImage / ; lilo'

I chose
CONFIG_MODULES=y
CONFIG_MODVERSIONS=y