If your existing system is about what you want except for partitioning
you can figure it out for yourself.

This example assumes you're starting with one large partition and want
to calculate sizes for the same system using multiple partitions.

1) decide on which partitions to use:
  - root
  swap
   - usr
   - usr/local
   - home
  for example. Some clever souls use a /logs partition (or /var/logs...)
  so that runaway log files won't fill up /.

2) Calculate your present disk usage:
  % cd /; du -sk .
  <gets space used by entire filesystem>
  % cd /usr; du -sk .
  % cd /usr/local; du -sk .

3) Do some creative subtraction:
  space needed by root for above example is:
  root - usr - home
  usr needs usr - usr/local

4) Do some creative addition or multiplication to calculate how much
additional space to alot in each partiton beyond present usage (crystal
ball-land.)

HTH,  --emk