In order to sell a really cheap Debian CD-ROM set, I need to sell a lot of
them fast or Debian needs to stop improving so fast. This is because I
need to run at least 1000 sets, it will be a week or more before I get
them from the CD presser, and after a few weeks more the remaining copies
are good for coasters or frisbees.

For now I prefer to put it on CD-R's and keep it up to date. I tried
Slackware. I tried Red Hat. I tried Debian and stayed with it. I made a
new 1.3 CD today and tested it on a few machines. One of them supported
bootable CD's and the install worked flawlessly.

As far as cheap CD's go, I have a collection of them and they do leave
things off. Some of the vendors have no real interest in Linux, so what do
you expect?

On Mon, 9 Jun 1997, Daniel J. Mashao wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Jun 1997, E.L. Meijer (Eric) wrote:
>
> > I have a question about this tri-linux CD:
> > How on earth do you fit three distributions on one CD?  The official
> > debian CD release will now be 2 CD's.  Does leaving out the source
> > distribution really makes such a difference?
> They leave out a lot of stuff. At least that is my experience with a
> Cheap*Bytes disc. I wish some one would sell the Debian Official 2-CD for
> less than $5.00. I don't like doing too many ftp's. After all they only
> need to copy it.

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] .
> Trouble?  e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] .

+ Paul Wade                         Greenbush Technologies Corporation +
+ mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]              http://www.greenbush.com/ +